Astrak Group Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
Astrak Group Ltd is made up of a group of subsidiary companies across the EU. Astrak Group Ltd is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. Astrak Group Ltd company number is SC468615 and registered address is Wheatfield Road, Dunnikier Business Park, Kirkcaldy, KY1 3PD.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the Astrak website (www.astrakgroup.co.uk) or provided to Astrak Group Ltd or any of its subsidiaries.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
Astrak collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, Astrak Products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these for future business dealings.
What personal information do we collect?
Astrak collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Forename and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- Details of your products you are interested in
- Fleet of machinery
- Credit Card details for payment
How do we receive personal information about you?
- When you contact us directly or visit the website (www.astrakgroup.co.uk) to request an e-brochure or a quote for a product or service or to make a general enquiry
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we believe our business products or services would be of interest to your business, we would always make an outbound call first directly to you to obtain expressed consent to send material or information, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Our dealings are business to business and we do not buy any external lists of any kind.
How do we use personal information about you?
- Astrak uses this personal information about you:
- To identify who you are when you contact us
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested and to understand what products you may be interested in
- To contact you regarding your products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications
- To improve products or services and to carry out customer surveys
- To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a product or service
- To send you marketing information about products or services or offers
- To invite you to events you may be interested in
Cookies are in use on this website.
This website uses a small number of cookies to function as intended. These cookies store various settings during and between visits and allow users to share pages via social networks and communicate with our sales team to live through a chat function.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
- Windows & Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
To find out what is collected by these companies, please visit their respective websites for more information.
Force24 Cookies & Tracking
Force24 cookies are first party cookies and are enabled at the point of cookie acceptance on this website. The cookies are named below:
They allow us to understand our audience engagement thus allowing better optimisation of marketing activity.
f24_autoId – This is a temporary identifier on a local machine or phone browser that helps us track anonymous information to be later married up with f24_personid. If this is left anonymous it will be deleted after 6 months . Non-essential, first party, 10 years, persistent.
f24_personId – This is an ID generated per individual contact in the Force24 system to be able to track behaviour and form submissions into the Force24 system from outside sources per user. This is used for personalisation and ability to segment decisions for further communications. Non-essential, first party, 10 years, persistent.
The information stored by Force24 cookies remains anonymous until:
- Our website is visited via clicking from an email or SMS message, sent via the Force24 platform and cookies are accepted on the website.
- A user of the website completes a form containing email address from either our website or our Force24 landing pages.
The Force24 cookies will remain on a device for 10 years unless they are deleted.
We also use similar technologies including tracking pixels and link tracking to monitor your viewing activities
Device & browser type and open statistics
All emails have a tracking pixel ( a tiny invisible image ) with a query string in the URL. Within the URL we have user details to identify who opened an email for statistical purposes.
All links within emails and SMS messages sent from the Force24 platform contain a unique tracking reference, this reference help us identify who clicked an email for statistical purposes.
- Google Ads – https://policies.google.com/?hl=en
- Google Analytics – https://policies.google.com/?hl=en
- Jetpack – https://automattic.com/privacy/
We use external services to enable live communication through our website. For example, cookies allow our website to recognise the visitor to optimise the chat-box functionality.
- Tawk.to – https://www.tawk.to/data-protection/
- WhatsApp – https://www.whatsapp.com/privacy
Cookies are also in use to provide additional non-essential website functions.
- Google Maps – https://policies.google.com/?hl=en
- Youtube – https://policies.google.com/?hl=en
- While you use the plugin, WPML will share data regarding the site through Installer. No data from the user itself will be shared.
How will we contact you?
Astrak Group Ltd and its third-party service providers (eg, marketing fulfilment agencies) may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
Electronic newsletters and promotional offers
Astrak Group Ltd will, from time to time, send electronic newsletters and promotional offers through email via a third-party service named Mailchimp. The information shared with Mailchimp consists of email addresses only and is not shared by the service with any other company, organisation or Government.
Users can unsubscribe this service from by clicking the link embedded at the bottom of each communication or by visiting our website at https://astrakgroup.co.uk/privacy-center/unsubscribe/ or by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To fully understand how your data is collected and stored by the Mailchimp service, please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/#3._Privacy_for_Contacts
Who do we provide this personal information to?
Astrak may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so and will provide your personal information to:
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as couriers or marketing fulfilment agencies.
Where we store your information?
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Astrak Group or its third party service providers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Astrak ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable General Data Protection Regulation legislations.
Your credit card details will not be stored anywhere:
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
Astrak Group Ltd will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance the General Data Protection Regulation legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data outside the EEA.
Your personal information will be held in Astrak customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period to manage our relationship with you. Astrak will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Astrak:
- You can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Astrak
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Astrak or by a third party
- You can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- You can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Astrak or by a third party
You have the right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from Astrak and/or to amend the delivery method that we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please write to us or email us using the following details:
Post: UK Sales Director, Astrak Group Ltd, Wheatfield Road, Dunnikier Business Park, Kirkcaldy, KY1 3PD.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Astrak handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.