Astrak believes that the most successful companies will be those who have an innovative approach to creating more sustainable businesses.
We recognise our responsibility to the environment; the management and all who are employed by Astrak are committed to the care of the environment and the prevention of pollution.
We work to minimise the effect that our activities have on the environment and these activities are carried out in conformance with the relevant environmental legislation and regulatory equirements.
Astrak look to:
- Adopt good practice from like-minded organisations
- Develop meaningful partnerships
- Offer our service and expertise
- Purchase the latest environmentally friendly machinery
- Promote our CSR policy and making this accessible on our website
- Positively influence the local agenda
Following responsible business practice is central to our vision – it’s about everything that we do at work.
For example, we:
- Lead the way in hiring Eco friendly supplies
- Participate in activities with a social or environmental benefit – supporting charities and schools
- Work closely with our customers to understand their hurdles to achieve innovative solutions
- Look after health, safety and wellbeing of our employees
The environment is important to both our business and personal futures and as a conscientious employer it is only right that we look to limit our impact on the environment.
The Company seeks to minimise waste arising, promote recycling, reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and where possible to work with suppliers who themselves have sound environmental policies.
An essential feature is our commitment to improving environmental performance. This will be achieved by setting annual environmental improvement targets which will be regularly monitored and reviewed in the management programme.
We believe that we have a role to play on positively creating a culture of environmental awareness and encouraging our customers to consider the environmental impact of their actions.
Health & Safety
It is our policy at Astrak to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work for all our employees.
The Company seeks to minimise the risk our employees, contractors, customers and the public who are affected by our work.
All new employees receive a health and safety induction and new starter pack.
Our Health & Safety performance can only improve if everyone is vigilant and takes care of everyone affected by our work.
Astrak is a local family run business and the Company is committed to playing its part in maximizing machine uptime and making our locations a great place to live & work.
In the past we have made noticeable efforts within our local community which vary from educational activities, sponsorship of charities both local and national, events and the promotion of regional campaigns.
Our staff is our greatest asset. We aim to recruit, train, develop and retain talent. Effective recruitment and selection practices are key to the successful day-to-day functioning of the Company.
Astrak is committed to promoting and maintaining recruitment and selection practices that are:
- Timely and relevant, using cost-effective methods and inclusive sources
- Fair and consistent, ensuring that at all stages, decisions are based purely on the merits of individualslinked to the requirements and competencies of the job role.
- Non-discriminatory, operating in accordance with Astrak policies.
- Designed to attract and retain the best talent that is available.
- Compliant with statutory requirements.
CSR and social value priorities will change with time, therefore, Astrak will monitor developments, regularly review and where necessary amend revise or make additions to this policy.