At Astrak UK, we’re proud to be the Best on Earth, but we never stop striving for excellence.
That’s why we recently invited Gerry, Stephen, and Bernard from the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service (SMAS) to our Kirkcaldy HQ to train our warehouse and logistics staff in the Lean Six Sigma problem solving methodology.
Lean Six Sigma is a comprehensive 5-step approach to problem solving that combines the philosophies of Six Sigma and Lean to identify and reduce process variation and optimize flow. Through this approach, we are able to ensure that we are creating the best possible customer experience at all times.
The Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Define – Establish a clear goal.
- Measure – Collect data and analyse it.
- Analyse – Identify the root cause of a problem.
- Improve – Develop and implement a plan to fix the problem.
- Control – Monitor performance to ensure the problem stays fixed.
We believe in investing in our staff, who already have a significant and varied range of skills. By continually improving our staff’s skillsets, we can ensure that our customers have the best possible experience.
To find out more about SMAS please visit their website.