Your crawler crane has been a staple of the lifting industry for decades, and today, of course, they’re still one of the most reliable and versatile pieces of equipment available.
To keep them running in top condition, you need to make sure you’re maintaining the crawler undercarriage.
The crawler undercarriage provides a platform; it provides a stable base to carry the vital work equipment in all conditions and terrains when the toughest of jobs are being undertaken.
Maintaining Your Crawler Undercarriage
Maintaining your tracked undercarriage is important to keep your crawler crane running in top condition. Here are a few tips for maintaining your tracks :-
- Inspect the tracks and components regularly and listen to them work – high pitched noises/squealing indicate wear points.
- Check the tension of the tracks chains as per the manufacturer’s guide. Loose tracks mean exacerbated wear. crawler undercarriage. Adjust as needed.
- Clean the undercarriage to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants especially around the sprocket and idler areas. Packing of debris will act like an angle grinder!
- Check track shoe, final drive, roller and sprocket bolts and nuts as per the service requirements laid out in the machine operating manual. A loose bolt will cause elongation and expensive damage.
- Feel for heat spots in track rollers and idler centres – these indicate loss of lubricant and imminent failure.
Sourcing Crawler Undercarriage Parts
Finding crawler undercarriage parts for your tracked crane has never been easy – it’s an expense that comes up only once every seven or eight years on a crane so choice is often limited to the original manufacturer or his distributor.
Astrak is here to supply you with all your crawler crane undercarriage parts. We stand out from our competitors. Our prices are realistic, and our component quality is not negotiable.
The shells of our track rollers are manufactured from heard-wearing 40Mn2 steel, extending service life. The bushings are industry-leading 6-10 mm thick pure copper rather than a less hard-wearing duplex combination of iron and copper, and our pins are made of tested and tried robust 42cr steel.
We cover small, medium, large and very large cranes (up to 800 T) manufactured by leading industry names – American, Fuwa, Hitachi, Hitachi Sumitomo, IHI, Kinki Ishiki, Kobelco, Lima, Liebherr, Link-Belt, Manitowoc, Nippon Sharyo, Ruston Bucyrus, , Sany, Sumitomo, Terex Demag, XCMG, Zoomlion along with others.