Regular maintenance is key to ensuring your machinery remains in top condition.
One of the most important tasks is to regularly check the oil levels on your final drives.
We recommend checking the oil level once every 100 hours of operation. In this post we are going to talk about how to easily check the oil level on your machine.
1. On the cover plate of your final drive you will see two (or possibly 3 plugs). Arrange your final drive so that one plug is at the 12 o’clock position and the other is either at the 3 o’clock position or the 9 o’clock position as shown in the image below.
2. Remove any mud or sand from around the two plugs to prevent any contaminiation of the final drive.
3. Once cleaned, remove both plugs from the drive.
4. If the drive has the correct amount of oil it will be level with the 3 o’clock opening.
5. If the oil level in the final drive is low, you will need to top up the level oil through the 12 o’clock opening. Slowly fill the drive until the oil begins to slowly run out of the 3 o’clock opening.
6. Once you have finished filling the drive, securely replace both plugs.
Astrak stock a comprehensive range of final drives and other hydraulic components and is the first choice for machine owners who want a cost-effective range of OEM specification undercarriage parts without compromising quality or performance.
Contact our team for more information on 0330 555 2000.