From bulldozers to excavators, tracked construction machinery is essential for many projects.
However, without proper maintenance, these machines can suffer costly breakdowns and malfunctions that disrupt progress and create safety hazards.
That’s why it’s so essential to make preventive maintenance a priority. Preventive maintenance regularly inspects, tests, and services machines to keep them running efficiently and safely. The goal is to identify potential problems before they occur and take steps to maintain the machinery running smoothly.
In this post, we’ll discuss the advantages of preventive maintenance for tracked construction machinery and how to get started.
The Benefits of Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance can help extend the life of your tracked machinery and keep it running at its best. Here are some of the key benefits of preventative maintenance:
- Reduce Breakdowns and Malfunctions: By regularly inspecting and servicing your tracked machinery, you can identify and address potential problems before they become more expensive. This can help reduce the risk of breakdowns and malfunctions that can cause costly delays.
- Maximise Efficiency: Regular maintenance can help ensure your tracked construction machinery runs at peak performance levels, helping maximise efficiency and reduce fuel costs.
- Improve Safety: Properly maintained machinery can help reduce the risk of accidents and improve safety for workers. This is especially important for tracked construction machinery as it can cause severe injuries if improperly maintained.
Getting Started With Preventive Maintenance
Creating a preventive maintenance plan that suits your needs and budget is essential. Here are some steps to get you started:
- Create a Maintenance Schedule: Create a schedule for when you will inspect, test, and service your tracked construction machinery. This should include both regular and periodic maintenance.
- Perform Regular Inspections: Regularly inspect your machinery for signs of wear and tear. Look for cracks, leaks, and other signs of damage that could indicate a problem. Check the oil and other fluids, test safety systems and inspect the undercarriage including idlers, sprockets, rollers, final drives and track adjusters.
- Schedule Service: Schedule regular service appointments with a qualified technician to help keep your machinery in shape. If a problem is identified, it should be addressed promptly.
Maximising Machinery Uptime
Creating a preventive maintenance plan and following it can help you reduce the risk of costly breakdowns and malfunctions, maximise efficiency and improve safety. With preventative maintenance, you can get the most out of your tracked construction machinery and keep it running smoothly for years.
Astrak’s FREE track inspection service
Our expert team can perform a free comprehensive track inspection of your machinery to obtain wear measurements of all undercarriage parts. Upon completion, we will present you with a detailed wear report and advise on any corrective actions required to maximise machine uptime.
Call us on 0330 555 3000 or claim your free track inspection online by clicking the button below.